ADVANCED CREATIVE WRITING:
CREATION & DEVELOPMENT OF THE CHARACTERS
There is at least one character in every poem, novel, short-story, fairy-tale, myth, advertisement, news reportage, comic or joke. Upcoming situations usually depend on the characters, once they get a chance to unfold and evolve in certain circumstances. Characters drive a narrative forward. It is usual to indentify with the likeable characters, to go through experiences together, we worry for them, we love them and wish them the best. How to create and develop a character, which would appear closer to a reader than a best friend, relative or a lover?
Photography: David Iskander
Gabrielė Labanauskaitė seeks to help the group members to enhance existing creative writing and narrative construction skills, focusing on the development of characters: principles of creation, evolution of the individual story and inclusion into the final narrative.
Duration: 21 academic hour
- to introduce the group to the techical means of character development;
- to analyze the journey of the main characters in the plot;
- to continue previous creative practices, stimulate the imagination and fantasy through the certain exercises, focused on the development of characters and the story;
- to become aware of the existing character archetypes;/span>
- to discuss about favourite and unpopular characters;
- to take a playful approach to the theory;
- to establish a relationship with other group members and expand an individual friend circle;
- to look into the provided information and share creative work accomplished during the courses.
QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED:
- why do readers still crave for the heroes?
- what is the most important thing when developing a recognizable and interesting character?
- what does character dossier consist of?
- why the endless fight between the antagonist and protagonist is still relevant?
- what are the differences between foreground, anthax and peripheral characters?
- why do some characters arise compassion and empathy within, while the others do not look interesting at all?
Organizers of creative writing courses maintain a right to change the curriculum.
❓ Dates of the upcoming courses and additional information can be received by email → firstname.lastname@example.org found on social media page ➡ IŠ TYLOS