INTERDISCIPLINARY FESTIVAL “TARP”
TARP (en. “In-Between”) was an international festival of audiovisual and experimental poetry combining interdisciplinary arts with poetry as we know it. It was thriving from 2006 to 2015. Back in 2006 it was just an underground event, which expanded and became familiar to Lithuanian and foreign audiences. It took place at the most unconventional sites in various Lithuanian cities. Until now in Lithuanian cultural scene there are no festivals equal to this one.
Firstly, it appeared to Gabrielė Labanauskaitė as an idea, following the magic formula of audiovisual poetry: poetry + video + audio. This festival had grown and improved with the help of great Lithuanian artists: Vladas Dieninis, Žygimantas Kudirka, Darius Jurevičius, Aistė Jūrė, Gerda Jo, Jurga Tumasonytė, Edvinas Grin, Milda Januševičiūtė, Tadas Karpavičius, Dovilė Butnoriūtė, Rūta Mur, Austėja Tavoraitė, Vaidas Vai, Vaidotas Ambrozaitis, Benas Šarka, Eglė Sirvydytė, Agnė Jokše and others. Always fueled by the voluntary principles festival TARP was oriented to the search of authentic poetic forms, their expression and the representation in Lithuania of innovative foreign artists, creating in the fields of poetry, music, performance and visual arts.
- to create, establish and popularize the tradition of audiovisual poetry in Lithuania;
- to introduce arts & poetry enthusiasts with the concept of audiovisual poetry;
- to raise the interest in poetry through non-traditional art forms and their interfusions;
- to encourage the cooperation between artists of different fields.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE PROGRAMME:
- exhibitions of visual poetry (in a form of photograph, graphics, painting and etc.)
- poem screening contest & review of submitted poems;
- live performances of local and international audio + visual + poetry collectives (performances, happenings, concerts, poetical & musical improvisations; poetry slams and poetry jams);
- Educational part (lectures, seminars, workshops).
📺 Watch more alternative videos from → TARP festival
❓ More information about TARP festival → www.tarpfest.en