THE BASICS OF CREATIVE WRITING
Everyone has a right to write despite the sex, age or occupation. So, creative writing courses are designed for anybody, who seek to develop, renew or improve writing skills. It is pretty hard to describe a term of creative writing, because the picture does not fir the frame. Creative writing has many techniques, styles that can be combained and harnessed to help the writer express himself. The primal purpose of these courses is a creativity-oriented development of daily writing habit. No matter where the muses hide, where the inspiration lays.
Photography: Yannick Pulver
Gabrielė Labanauskaitė seeks to introduce the group to the basics of creative writing, focusing on the creativity and search for the personal style.
Duration: 21 academic hour
- to explore the basics of creative writing;
- to develop a habit of everyday writing exercises to cultivate the fantasy and imagination;
- to discover a variety of genres, styles and try writing skills in each of them to find out the best fit;
- to get to know more about the means of expression making a story-telling interesting and captivating;
- to establish a relationship with other creative people and widen the circle of like-minded ones;
- to discuss the information received and share pieces of creative work within the group.
QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED:
- is it possible to learn to write?
- how to know if I have what it takes to become a person, who writes?
- how to make peace with the inner critics and harness their energy for work?
- how to cultivate imagination?
- what are the elements of a good story?
- how to employ the theory into everyday life practice?
PROGRAMME OF THE COURSE:
- introduction, determination of upcoming challenges and possibilities, discussion, creative writing tasks and exercises;
- methods of cultivating imagination, recognition of the inner critic, creative writing tasks and exercises;
- development of style, discussion about prefered genres, styles, creative writing tasks and exercises;
- introduction of the main story-telling elements, development of the story;
- tips and discussion about the skills and habits helping to establish a tradition of casual writing, creative writing tasks and exercises;
- course summary, discussion.
Organizers of creative writing courses maintain a right to change the curriculum.
❓ Dates of the upcoming courses and additional information can be received by email → firstname.lastname@example.org found on social media page ➡ IŠ TYLOS